Re: Enable multicore calculation ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88160] Re: Enable multicore calculation ?
  • From: Michael Weyrauch <michael.weyrauch at gmx.de>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 06:30:44 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

   I run some larger calculations on Linux with Mathematica 6.0.2.1 and
8 cores essentially using NDSolve, and these calculations definitly use
usually 4 cores without any interference from my side. Mathematica
seems to detect the multicore environment automatically and the
software acts then accordingly. In a sense I was (positively) surprised.

   However, not everything in Mathematica supports multicore, and it is
my guess and partly my experience that it is mostly (maybe only)
numerical stuff which uses multicores.

Michael Weyrauch