Re: Enable multicore calculation ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg88160] Re: Enable multicore calculation ?
- From: Michael Weyrauch <michael.weyrauch at gmx.de>
- Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 06:30:44 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: michael.weyrauch at gmx.de
Hello, I run some larger calculations on Linux with Mathematica 184.108.40.206 and 8 cores essentially using NDSolve, and these calculations definitly use usually 4 cores without any interference from my side. Mathematica seems to detect the multicore environment automatically and the software acts then accordingly. In a sense I was (positively) surprised. However, not everything in Mathematica supports multicore, and it is my guess and partly my experience that it is mostly (maybe only) numerical stuff which uses multicores. Michael Weyrauch guerom00 schrieb: > Hello everyone, > > I'm running Mathematica 6.0.2 on a MacPro with 8 cores. I've noticed > that the kernel only uses 1 core=85 Is it possible to enable multicore > calculations ? > > Thanks in advance :) >