LayeredGraphPlot without edge crossing.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88270] LayeredGraphPlot without edge crossing.
  • From: Kurda Yon <kurdayon at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 04:24:38 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I have a tree-structure-data which I would like to plot. If I use
TreePlot, the plot looks very similar to what I need. However, the
plot algorithm does not pay attention on the direction of edges. I
would like to have in tree in which elements from the first layer show
on the elements of the second layer and so on.

I tried to use LayeredGraphPlot. It solves the problem. However, the
second problem appears. The elements in every layer are ordered in a
way that gives a lot of crossing between edges.

So, can I force LayeredGraphPlot to optimize the elements withing a
layer in a way that minimize number of edges crossing? Or can I force
TreePlot to pay attention on the direction of edges?

Thank you!