Demonstration Project Trouble

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91009] Demonstration Project Trouble
  • From: Todd Allen <genesplicer28 at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 05:32:55 -0400 (EDT)

Hi folks,

  I've written a small demonstration project program to illustrate a few points about bacterial growth, and the program seems to run fine in its natural setting of a mathematica notebook.

  When I tried to submit this file as a Demonstrations project, I was unable to successfully upload the file because Wolfram's server scanned the file and returned the following error:

"Please edit notebook to remove the following illegal symbols: CurrentValue, FEPrivate`FrontEndResource"

  This is just cryptic enough to me that I don't know what to look at, particularly since Mathematica itself does not complain about the program.

  Have any of you come across such an error?

  I've included the code below which may make something standout to your eyes that I am missing.

I appreciate any thoughts you might have.  I have repeatedly tried to contact Wolfram support, but they are just not in a responsive mood these days.

Best Regards,
Todd

final[init_,
   numgen_] := (init*(2^
      numgen)); (* final number of cells calculation *)

Manipulate[
 plotfinal =
  ListPlot[Table[{init, final[init, numgen]}, {init, Range[init]}],
   PlotStyle -> {Red, PointSize[0.03]}, Frame -> True,
   FrameLabel -> {{Item[Style["Final # of Cells", Bold]],
      ""}, {Item[Style["Initial # of Cells", Bold]] ,
      Item[Style["Absolute Scale", 14, Bold, Blue]]}},
   ImageSize -> Scaled[0.35]];

 plotfinallog =
  ListPlot[Table[{init, Log[10, final[init, numgen]]}, {init,
     Range[init]}], PlotStyle -> {Green, PointSize[0.03]},
   Frame -> True, FrameLabel -> {{Item[Style["Final # of Cells
        (Log Scale)", Bold]],
      ""}, {Item[Style["Initial # of Cells" , Bold]],
      Item[Style["Semi-Log Scale", 14, Bold, Blue]]}},
   ImageSize -> Scaled[0.35]];

 Column[{Row[{plotfinal, Item[Style[" verses   ", 12, Bold, Red]],
     plotfinallog}], TextCell[Row[{Style["
       Final Number of Cells (based on current values): ", 14, Bold,
       Blue], Style[final[init, numgen], 14, Bold, Red]}]]}],

 (* Control Area *)
 Item[Style["Computing the Final Number of Bacterial Cells", 18,
   Red]],

 Delimiter,

 {{init, 1, Item[Style["Initial # Cells", 12, Bold, Red]]}, 1, 100, 1,
   Appearance -> "Labeled"},

 {{numgen, 1, Item[Style["# of Generations", 12, Bold, Red]]}, 1, 25,
  1, Appearance -> "Labeled"},

 SaveDefinitions -> True,

 TrackedSymbols -> {init, numgen}]