Re: Exported PDFs are too big in file size.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg91015] Re: Exported PDFs are too big in file size.
- From: ragfield <ragfield at gmail.com>
- Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 05:34:03 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
File > Print Selection > Save As PDF causes the graphic to be rasterized. This is why it displays so much quicker in the viewer application. You can get the same behavior from File > Save Selection As > PDF by clicking on the Options button in the Save As dialog and setting Graphics Containing Smooth Shading > Use Bitmap Representation. Unfortunately, this results in a larger file size because of a limitation of Mathematica 6 where it does not compress exported bitmaps. This limitation has been removed for a future release. -Rob Wolfram Research