Re: Exported PDFs are too big in file size.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg91192] Re: Exported PDFs are too big in file size.
- From: Karen Bindash <KarenBindash at googlemail.com>
- Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 07:44:13 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Aug 3, 10:34 am, ragfield <ragfi... at gmail.com> wrote: > File > Print Selection > Save As PDF causes the graphic to be > rasterized. This is why it displays so much quicker in the viewer > application. You can get the same behavior from File > Save Selection > As > PDF by clicking on the Options button in the Save As dialog and > setting Graphics Containing Smooth Shading > Use Bitmap > Representation. > > Unfortunately, this results in a larger file size because of a > limitation of Mathematica 6 where it does not compress exported > bitmaps. This limitation has been removed for a future release. > > -Rob > Wolfram Research Is there any way to post-rocess the pdf to compress the bitmap?