Re: Extrema of 2D Interpolating function
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg91458] Re: Extrema of 2D Interpolating function
- From: Narasimham <mathma18 at hotmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 03:13:42 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Aug 21, 1:17 pm, Modeler <ea... at ulb.ac.be> wrote: > Hi, I'd like to compute the minima and the saddle points of a 2D interpolating function f[x,y] obtained from a list of points with mathematica 6.0 (if possible in a specified x-y range0. The Nsolve standard routines do not seem to work in this case. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance. Is the fitted surface f(x,y) sufficiently smooth and successive partial derivatives continuous ?