Re: Hypergeometric1F1 polynomial

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg91509] Re: Hypergeometric1F1 polynomial
  • From: "Alec Mihailovs" <alec at>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 07:07:38 -0400 (EDT)

"Devendra Kapadia" <dkapadia at> wrote in message
news:g8o8ba$l9r$1 at
> Hello Alec,
> Thank you for reporting the problem with the answer returned by Sum in the
> above example. As noted by you, this sum can be evaluated in terms of
> Hypergeometric1F1.
> A partial workaround for the problem is to introduce a parameter 'a'
> I apologize for the confusion caused by this problem.
> Sincerely,
> Devendra Kapadia,
> Wolfram Research, Inc.

Thank you very much!

It was, probably, my first post in the Mathematica group and wow - what a
difference comparing to other CAS newsgroup or forum where I used to post. I
got a very nice reply, the problem was addressed, a workaround was
suggested, and I wasn't even asked to fill the SCR (software change
request.) Fantastic!

Great work, guys!

Alec Mihailovs,
Mihailovs, Inc.