coloring leaves of a dendrogram

In my hierarchical clustering of 3,000+ US counties,
I'd like to be able to distinguish the counties
(all of which cluster together) of certain states.

I  have the dendrogram I want. I would further
now like to highlight the five counties of Hawaii
(which form a cluster) by the same color, and so on
for a few other states, regions...

Paul B. Slater