Re: Re: Mathematica and F# [OT]

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg91575] Re: [mg91556] Re: Mathematica and F# [OT]
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 03:16:02 -0400 (EDT)

I cannot resist noting that the name of the referenced language, "F#",
continues a somewhat alarming trend of using single letters, possibly
with suffixes, for languages names.  Already there are:

   A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, J, K, L, M, Q, R, S, T, V, W, X, Y, Z

(I cheated a bit: W never existed, but *W did.)

To language developers, the situation is surely dismaying: only I, N, O,
P, U remain!

Salvatore Mangano wrote:
> I refer members of this group to my blog for a review of the section of "F# for Scientists" that is relevant to Mathematica.

Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305