Plotting Vector Fields in Mathematica 7

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94075] Plotting Vector Fields in Mathematica 7
  • From: Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus at rath.org>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 07:15:00 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

In Mathematica 6, there seems to be no way to specify the size of the
arrow heads used by FlotVectorField. Therefore I resorted to the
following workaround:

Graphics[{
   Arrowheads[0.02],
   VectorFieldPlot[..][[1,3]] }]

but this depends on the internal structure of the graphics object
returned by VectorFieldPlot and is therefore likely to cause trouble.

Is this still required in Mathematica 7?

Best,

   -Nikolaus

--
 =C2=BBIt is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority.
  By definition, there are already enough people to do that.=C2=AB