Re: Plotting Vector Fields in Mathematica 7

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94140] Re: [mg94075] Plotting Vector Fields in Mathematica 7
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 05:35:38 -0500 (EST)

The function for plotting vector fields has changed its name as it now
resides in the kernel and not in a package you have to load, and styling
the vectors, including their heads, is now handled though a single
option.  For example:

   VectorPlot[{y,-x},{x,-5,5},{y,-5,5},
     VectorStyle->{Red,Thickness[0.0025],Arrowheads[0.025]}]

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305