FiniteGroupData[]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94266] FiniteGroupData[]
  • From: Mervin Hanson <mph1 at humboldt.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 07:00:00 -0500 (EST)

Suggestion or Bug:
I am having trouble using FiniteGroupData.
I have checked Internet Connectivity and it checks.
If you can show me how to generate the CharacterTable and MultiplicationTable for the C3v point group, I should be able to carry on from there.
Thanks

Hello Mervin,

Thank you for the email.

Thank you for taking the time to send us this report. I have forwarded
your examples to our development group.

Unfortunately, the FiniteGroupData paclet is not complete.  That is why you
are probably receiving the output,

In[27]:= FiniteGroupData["C3v", "MultiplicationTable"]

Out[27]= Missing["NotAvailable"]

In[28]:= FiniteGroupData["C3v", "CharacterTable"]

Out[28]= Missing["NotAvailable"]

Our developers are working on this issue, and you can expect to see this
data included in an update for Mathematica 7 in the very near future.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this problem.

I have included your contact information so that you can be notified
when this has been resolved.

Sincerely,

Stephen Gifford, Ph.D.
Technical Support