Re: Run initialization cells before dynamic cells

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94322] Re: Run initialization cells before dynamic cells
  • From: Damon <damonwischik at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 04:48:48 -0500 (EST)

Jose Luis Gomez wrote:
> I think the solution to your problem is to use the options SaveDefinitions
> inside Manipulate.

I'm not using Manipulate, I'm using Dynamic. (I would use Manipulate,
but I want more control over the placement of controls, so I
customized my own control panel. As far as I can tell, I can't use a
customized control panel with Manipulate.)

However Dynamic[] doesn't recognize the SaveDefinitions option. I get
an error box telling me "An unrecognized option name (SaveDefinitions)
was encountered while reading a DynamicBox."

This sounds silly to me. The help page for SaveDefinitions says it is
"an option to Manipulate and related functions", and what could more
related to Manipulate than Dynamic? But there you go.

Any other suggestions, given that I can't use SaveDefinitions inside a
Dynamic?

Damon.