Re: Exponent function question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94586] Re: Exponent function question
  • From: magma <maderri2 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 06:31:20 -0500 (EST)

On Dec 16, 8:34 am, DrMajorBob <btre... at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> OTOH, I for one do NOT use a newsreader and have no interest in doing so.=

> But I don't change subjects, so my posts stay with the thread for the
> benefit (if any) of those who DO. If Arthur doesn't do the same, he's
> probably the only one that suffers from it, so let him be.
>
> Bobby
>
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 06:46:22 -0600, magma <mader... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Arthur keeps changing the subject of a thread (just check his profile).
> > This is very annoying and leads to confusion in the forum.
> > He has been told to avoid this practice on several occasions.
> > He appears to be smart enough to learn how to use a news reader. He
> > just does not bother disrupting somebody else's thread.
>
> > I suggest we simply avoid answering to questions that are not in the
> > main subject of a thread.
> > Perhaps such postings should not even be allowed to appear.
>
> --
> DrMajor... at longhorns.com

Hi Bobby,
I do not use a newsreader either. I use Goggle groups. My point simply
was that proficiently using a tool for reading and interacting with
Mathgroup should be WELL within the capabilities of the average Mathematica
user.
Expecially after he/she has been advised several times - by several
users - not to break other people's threads.
This also shows that breaking threads is in general considered
annoying by a large number of people.