Re: Re: Need Help

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94652] Re: [mg94637] Re: Need Help
  • From: "Oyedeji, Kale" <koyedeji at morehouse.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 07:22:39 -0500 (EST)

Bill, thanks for your comment. I have two iterative implicit functions
S[k] and R[k] for which I plotted these functions versus k. But now
wants to see the effect of including a random function in the expression
for S[k]. Daniel made suggestion that seem to work except that I was
getting  some error message from his suggestion shown below. The error
message is Do::itform: Argument R[k+1]=f S[k] R[k] at position 2 does
not have the correct form for an iterator. >>. Will someone please help
out. I spent hours in the Help pages of Mathematica, ver 6 without
success. I am afraid to load ver 7 as of now.

'Kale

B = 8.;

f = 3. 10^-5;

n = 10;

S[0] = 3400;

R[0] = 9;

Do[

  S[k + 1] = R[k]*B Random[] - f*S[k]*R[k];

  R[k + 1] = f*S[k]*R[k];

  , {k, 0, 10}]