Re: question about the function "go to"

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85196] Re: question about the function "go to"
  • From: David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 02:19:01 -0500 (EST)

Paolo Di Giovanni wrote:
> I've got a problem in teh using of mathematica:I'm using the function "go to" because I have to close a loop....the program should come back to a label that I've called Label [05] but in this point I've got the problem...I mean, the function go to doesn't send me to the label...how would I solve this with Mathematica?
> Thank you very much for the help.

It is almost impossible to answer a question like this with no code to
examine.

In Mathematica, you should use Goto (note the capitalisation and lack of
space) as an absolute last resort (i.e. never!). There are loop
constructs like While that can take care of just about any situation,
not to mention the higher level functional constructions.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk