Re: front end commands

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85191] Re: front end commands
  • From: patrol_boat at hotmail.com
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 02:16:27 -0500 (EST)

On Jan 30, 5:46=A0pm, dh <d... at metrohm.ch> wrote:
> Hi Noname,
>
> you find this info in:
>
> Math6\SystemFiles\FrontEnd\TextResources\Windows\MenuSetup.tr
>
> The reson that "Size" does not do anything is that it is no command. It
>
> is just another sub-menu.
>
> hope this helps, Daniel

Thanks for the replies guys.  The file you're talking about is a .tr
file.  I don't know what file type this is, and I couldn't open it
from Windows Explorer (it didn't recognize the program that created
it).  I was able to open it from within Mathematica, but it looks like
some kind of text file and I don't really know how to interpret it.
Here's a snippet below.  Please help.
Thanks

Menu["Mathematica",
{
	Menu["&File",
	{
		Menu["&New",
		{
			Item["&Notebook (.nb)", "New", MenuKey["n", Modifiers->{Control}]],
			Item["&Slide Show",
FrontEndExecute[NotebookPut[FEPrivate`FrontEndResource["FEExpressions",
"SlideshowTemplate"]]]],
			Item["&Demonstration",
KernelExecute[FrontEnd`Private`PutDemonstrationsTemplate[]],
MenuEvaluator -> Automatic],
			Delimiter,
			Item["&Package (.m)", "NewPackage"],
			Item["&Text Document (.txt)", "NewText"]