Re: Fourier Series Expansions and it's Coefficients question revised

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85271] Re: Fourier Series Expansions and it's Coefficients question revised
  • From: "Kevin J. McCann" <Kevin.McCann at umbc.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 05:59:03 -0500 (EST)

Use Fourier[data] to get the Discrete Fourier Transform (DFT). Look at
the Help on Fourier. You may have to choose the parameters and also
multiply by deltat if you are trying to compare with other results. I
suggest that you take a function with a known FT, e.g. a sampled
sinewave, and use that to figure out the algorithm.

Kevin

--

Kevin J. McCann
Research Associate Professor