Mathematica 6.0.0 no graphics output on Windows XP

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85311] Mathematica 6.0.0 no graphics output on Windows XP
  • From: Adam Weyhaupt <aweyhau at siue.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 19:44:42 -0500 (EST)

A colleague of mine has a fresh installation of Mathematica 6.0.0 on
a Windows XP machine.  The kernel seems to be running fine (2+2=4),
but graphics commands generate no output (only the line " -Graphics-
" (no quotes) is printed to the output).  If you switch to Version 5
graphics the graphics work fine (but of course are not rotatable,
etc.) I looked in the archive but saw nothing relevant.

I realize that 6.0.1 is available, but it will be a few days until he
can get it installed and we are curious if you have any thoughts on
this issue.

Thanks!

Adam