Re: IMS and Help Index

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg85439] Re: IMS and Help Index
  • From: Oliver Ruebenkoenig <ruebenko at>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 05:22:26 -0500 (EST)

Hi there,

> I recently downloaded the IMTEK Mathematica Supplement and installed.
> The installation script mentions recreating the Help Index, but it
> appears that this option has disappeared from Mathematica 6.0.

well, i have not figured out how to actually create a proper index in
version 6.0.

There is two things you can do:

1) Once you start Mathematica, press F1 for help. In the lower right
corner you find a link to "Installed Add-Ons". The you should find a link
called "IMTEK". Following this the old help browser will start. One tab is
called AddOns and the second one is called MasterIndex. Those should help
you a little.

2) The following code opens the IMS master index:

   ToFileName[{$imsIMSDirectory, "Imtek", "Documentation", "English"},

maybe that helps

i hope that someday i find a tutorial or something on how to generate
a proper index for version 6.

> Does anyone know how the help for IMS might be regenerated in order to
> be displayed in Mathematica Help?
> Thanks,
> Skip Egley

Oliver Ruebenkoenig, <ruebenko AT>