White on white font

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85512] White on white font
  • From: Michael Goerz <newsgroup898sfie at 8439.e4ward.com>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 04:12:13 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I'm having a weird problem with Mathematica 6. Suddenly, the text in
notebooks is unreadable, it appears as white on white. See
http://www.physik.fu-berlin.de/~goerz/download/mathematica.png.

The same effect is also in the preferences (Appearance) The text there
is white as well:
http://www.physik.fu-berlin.de/~goerz/download/mathematica.png.

Any way to solve this problem? I'm not aware of any specific change
having caused this problem, as I don't start mathematica that regularly,
but in case it has to do something with the the video settings, here's
my xorg.conf:
http://www.physik.fu-berlin.de/~goerz/download/xorg.conf

Thanks,
Michale