White on white font

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg85512] White on white font
  • From: Michael Goerz <newsgroup898sfie at>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 04:12:13 -0500 (EST)

I'm having a weird problem with Mathematica 6. Suddenly, the text in
notebooks is unreadable, it appears as white on white. See

The same effect is also in the preferences (Appearance) The text there
is white as well:

Any way to solve this problem? I'm not aware of any specific change
having caused this problem, as I don't start mathematica that regularly,
but in case it has to do something with the the video settings, here's
my xorg.conf: