LogLogPlot with WorkingPrecision bug

I can reliably crash the kernel on my laptop with the following
command:

LogLogPlot[x, {x, .001, 1}, WorkingPrecision -> 20]

Of course, I discovered this problem with a very different function,
but this is the simplest example that will demonstrate the kernel
crash. I have already sent a message to support at wolfram.com, but I
thought I would post here to see if anyone else can shed light on this
apparent bug.

-- Dan