Re: MaxFormatDepthExceeded

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85545] Re: MaxFormatDepthExceeded
  • From: janos <janostothmeister at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 06:54:13 -0500 (EST)

On febr. 10, 11:22, David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
wrote:
> janos wrote:
> > Any info about this?
> > What is the built in value?
> > Is its name $MaxFormatDepth?
> > How to increase it?
>
> > Thank you,
>
> > Janos
>
> Why not give us a bit of code that generates this problem.
>
> Often when you get a message that some Mathematica limit has been
> exceeded, the code has gone into some sort of infinite loop, so
> increasing the relevant limit is not the answer.
>
> BTW, the following command will give you all the symbols that contain
> the word 'format':
>
> ?*Format*
>
> David Baileyhttp://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk

David,

I am not really a newcomer :)

1. Try to enter ?*Format*, and wish you saw  $MaxFormatDepth.

2. You may get it, if you type enough brackets, like this:
If[If[...

Please don tell me that I should solve the problem otherwise...

Thank you,

Janos