StyleSheets How-to

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg85651] StyleSheets How-to
  • From: Šerých Jakub <Serych at>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 07:22:29 -0500 (EST)

Hi all!
Does anybody know about some good tutorial about the creation and edition of
StyleSheets (M6.0.1)? I have found some  information in the help and on WRI
documentation pages, but all the information is only partial and I need to
glue it in my head little bit.

What I cannot find anywhere is, how to work with background images in
StyleSheet (for axample the brown hexagons on the top of
Creative/NaturalColor StyleSheet). I have searched in Option Inspector nearly
line by line and haven't found it. If I open this StyleSheet notebook in some
text editor, it seems to me, that the image is may be UUencoded inside the
notebook. There is something like in it:

l2on=\n@0coQ3`;00?oPd<41?n9A@@00on8A`GoSDT4ohe91002ohe91003oi=<1?nHD@ \
SDT400?oTd`4oiQA1on=B@@00_n=B@@9ohU51003oh=31?n9A@CoSDT400_oOD850on 3@`@0\n\

..... continues aprox 1150 lines of such "scattered tea" code .....

    "Graphics", ImageSize -> {1399, 24}, ImageMargins -> 0,
    CellMargins -> {{0, 0}, {0, 0}}, Background ->
    RGBColor[0.403922, 0.313725, 0.192157],
    CellFrameMargins -> {{0, 0}, {0, 0}}]}

But how to create StyleSheet with my own images?

Thanks for any tip