Vector file out of Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85735] Vector file out of Mathematica?
  • From: Steve Gray <stevebg at roadrunner.com>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 07:01:59 -0500 (EST)

	I need to do editing on some Graphic3D objects created in Mathematica.
If I do CopySpecial > metafile or Export["foo.emf", gr3D] (where gr3d
= Graphics3D[...]) and paste or open it in Corel Draw or Adobe
Illustrator, it looks like a very crude bitmap. I need to have it be a
vector file so resolution is preserved. How can I export a vector file
from Mathematica that is in some standard format that common vector software
can deal with? If some lighting or shading effects are lost, that
would be ok.

Steve Gray