about scoping in modules

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85769] about scoping in modules
  • From: P_ter <peter_van_summeren at yahoo.co.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 18:05:04 -0500 (EST)

Hello,
in the next two modules I would like that the inner module uses a variable from the outer module.
mfb[oneObj_] := Module[{ttmp = oneObj},AppendTo[ global2mfb, ttmp]]
mfa[e_] := Module[{global2mfb = e, t = 3},mfb[t]  ]
mfa[{2,3}] gives a message that global2mfb is not a variable with a value, so it can not be changed.
It means I do not understand the concept of module in Mathematica. My questions are:
1. why does it go wrong?
2. how can I realize what I want?
with friendly greetings,
P_ter