how to import a block of numbers which may touch each other by "-"

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85772] how to import a block of numbers which may touch each other by "-"
  • From: "P.Wholey" <p.wholey at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 18:06:36 -0500 (EST)

hello, I have an data file which format is as below:

title: a.file

date: 12 10 2007

total lines: 100000

numbers per line: 5

main data as below:

 190 -0.129 0.05772  -0.030 -0.00996
 190  0.071 0.01619   0.039  0.04558
 190  0.121-0.03730  -0.009 -0.00406
 190  0.000-0.00288   0.036  0.01329
 190  0.042-0.00979  -0.112 -0.04337
 190 -0.123 0.07222   0.068  0.04067
 190 -0.006 0.00578  -0.141 -0.04998
 190 -0.062 0.04221   0.035 -0.01669
 190 -0.089-0.00053   0.029  0.01350
 190  0.064 0.00055  -0.113 -0.07820
 190  0.002 0.01067  -0.202 -0.12547
 190 -0.023 0.00259  -0.159 -0.06490
 190  0.036 0.04910  -0.129 -0.05900
 190  0.057-0.03202  -0.041 -0.02238
 190  0.078-0.07989  -0.038  0.02000

I want to quickly import the main data block as a list of numbers. My
problem is the 2nd and 3rd column of data may touch each by the minus
mark "-" and there are 100000 lines in this block. How can I do it
with Version5.0.

Any help? Thank you very much in advance!