Re: How to import a Matlab mat-file

[Normally, I do not permit this sort of post, but in this case,
 it is a valid Mathematica function question, so I am permitting
 it - moderator]

 Kevin J. McCann wrote:
 I have some data that I received from a colleague that is a rather
 large  mat file. "Data.mat". The file was generated with Matlab
 2007b. I tried the following:

 Import["Data.mat"]

 Import["Data.mat","MAT"]

 Import["Data.mat","mat"]

 and they all give me an error:

 Import::fmterr: "Cannot import data as MAT format."

 Thanks,

 Kevin

--

Kevin J. McCann