option to fix the speed of exported avi file

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85956] option to fix the speed of exported avi file
  • From: Alexei Boulbitch <Alexei.Boulbitch at iee.lu>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 02:58:54 -0500 (EST)

Hello,
I would like to ask, if when exporting a list of graphics into avi
movie, Mathematica has an option that enables to decrease (or in
general, to fix) a speed with which the movie will be then played
outside the Mathematica? My problem is the following.
I made a movie from a set of imax graphic images (denoted as graph[i]
below) as follows:

tab=Table[graph[i],{i,1,imax}];
Export[path\movie.avi,tab]

This however, yields a movie which is played too rapidly. I tried to
slow the movie down by making a list in which each image is included
several times as follows:

tab=Flatten[Table[{graph[i], graph[i], ...graph[i]},{i,1,imax}]];
Export[path\movie.avi,tab]

This helps, but produces a too large avi file. Is there a better way?
Thank you,
Alexei

--
Alexei Boulbitch, Dr., habil.
Senior Scientist
e-mail: alexei.boulbitch at iee.lu

--
This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or
otherwise confidential information. If you are not the intended