BarChart Question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84674] BarChart Question
  • From: John <jwa0 at lehigh.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 03:47:14 -0500 (EST)

I am trying to write a notebook for a course. The Students will see
the evaluation of the notebook, but they will not see the notebook.

I want to insert a cell in my notebook, which prints a bar chart that
the students will see when they view the evaluation of my notebook.

A book suggests that the cell,

Cell[GraphicsData[BarChart[{{1/3,1/3,1/3},{1/3,1/3,1/3}}],
                                         BarStyle->{Red,Green},
                                         AspectRatio->1,"Output"]]

will do the job, but it doesn't.

Error Message: An unknown box name (Graphics) was sent as the BoxForm
for the expression. Check the format rules for the expression.

What is the expression mentioned in the error message?

I would appreciate the advice of anyone who knows how to do it.

John