Re: Locator 3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84700] Re: Locator 3D
  • From: m.r at inbox.ru
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 05:33:13 -0500 (EST)

On Jan 9, 2:52=A0am, "Fred Klingener" <gigabitbuc... at gmail.com> wrote:
> "???" <zhengji... at gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:flv5q1$2av$1 at smc.vnet.net...
>
> > Dear all,
>
> > I think we can get some inspiration from 3D games.
>
> > For example, Homeworld. By moving the mouse we are moving the 3D
> > selection point on X-Y pane, then holding SHIFT down and moving the
> > mouse to move the selection point on Z axis while (X, Y) are not
> > changed.
>
> A natural enough approach to manipulating a pick cursor, but the crux here=

> is relating the resulting 2D screen coordinates to a pick object in
> Graphics3D space.
>
> A lot of the work can be done with user-accessible information (like
> ViewMatrix), but there seem to be key data hidden. The display changes siz=
> with labeling option e.g.
>
> AFAIK the only place the complete transformation is exposed is in
> EventHandler with MousePosition["Graphics3DBoxIntercepts"].
>
> Fred

Mouseover and Tooltip work in 3D as well:

DynamicModule[{i = 0},
 Graphics3D[
  {AbsolutePointSize[5],
   MapIndexed[
    Mouseover[Dynamic[i = 0; Point[#]],
      Dynamic[
       i = #2[[1]]; {AbsolutePointSize[10], Red, Point[#]}]] &,
    RandomReal[{-1, 1}, {10, 3}]]},
  Epilog -> Inset[Style[Dynamic[i], 24], ImageScaled[{.5, .95}]],
  PlotRange -> 1]
]

Maxim Rytin
m.r at inbox.ru