Re: Find Upper Neighbor in a list

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85074] Re: Find Upper Neighbor in a list
  • From: P_ter <peter_van_summeren at yahoo.co.uk>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 05:44:36 -0500 (EST)

I forgot to mention:
{1,5,6}, {1,2,5,6}, {1,3,5,6} (all combinations of different sets containing {5,6}) are upper neighbors of {5,6] when they appear in the basis list. And through their length they can be traced easily (see the module). Because some lengths just do not appear this way of doing it could result in a more efficient solution.But again: for now it is difficult for me to formulate that in Mathematica. I need some examples.
Thanks in advance.
P_ter