DataRange in ListPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85063] DataRange in ListPlot
  • From: "Jakub Serych" <serych at panska.cz>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 05:38:57 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,
I'm sory for such a newbie question, but I have problem with DataRange in
ListPlot.
I want to ListPlot a table with manipulated data. It is ploting nicely, but
as the table is manipulated, the x axis of the plot is moving to show the
largest x value. As the x axis values are insight the closed bounds during
the manipulation, I wanted to stop the x axis movement by defining the
DataRange option of ListPlot to be bigger than the biggest possible x. Here
is the example code:
Manipulate[
  ListPlot[{{a, a^2}, {a + 1, (a + 1)^2}, {a + 2, (a + 2)^2}},
    DataRange -> 6, (*this is not working*)
    AxesOrigin -> {0, 0},
    PlotRange -> 26,
    PlotStyle -> PointSize[Large]
  ],
{a, 0, 3}]

Has anybody some workaround, how to stop the x axis motion?

Thanks in advance

Jakub