Mathematica into generic code?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90257] Mathematica into generic code?
  • From: Marcus Booster <marcusbooster at mailinator.com>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 06:14:05 -0400 (EDT)

Hello.
I'm interested in exploring and developing ideas in Mathematica and then implementing them in another "more formal" language.
Python, Java, C, I don't know; but is that something that is normally done? If so, does anyone have any good reference links or cheat-sheets they'd be willing to share? I guess I'm looking for ways to turn a specific Mathematica function into more generic computer code.
Thanks for any help.