Re: SelectionPlaceholder in Packages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90317] Re: SelectionPlaceholder in Packages
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 04:52:05 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for very useful replies from David Reiss and Maxim Rytin.

I discovered that when appending a Global` to a placeholder in the package
notebook, the .m file aquires an extra space between them. By copying the
code to Workbench and using that editor I was able to add the Global`
without difficulty and then copy the .m file back.

Maxim also suggested the code:

With[{s = Symbol["Global`\[SelectionPlaceholder]"]},

 CreatePalette[Defer@ PasteButton[foo2[s]]]]

which works like a charm.

--
David Park