Parallelising NDSolve

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90341] Parallelising NDSolve
  • From: Alex Butler <abutler at ics.mq.edu.au>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 07:20:33 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All,

Occasionally the data that NDSolve generates is too large for the
Windows Process Address Space of my PC. I have a dual core machine and
was wondering if it were possible to split NDSolve between these two
processors, thus doubling the amount of Process Address Space available
to NDSolve.

Firstly, can NDSolve be parallelised? And secondly, what's the best way
to go about it?

Thanks,
Alex