Re: Using Mathlink to call Matlab from Mathematica front end

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90390] Re: Using Mathlink to call Matlab from Mathematica front end
  • From: GS <vokaputs at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 02:25:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Jul 7, 2:08 am, pratip <pratip.offic... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I will be very happy if someone can help me to call Matlab with in Mathem=
atica 5.2. I have a Matlab2007Rb installed in my computer. I know this kind=
 of communication is possible between matlab and Mathematica through mathli=
nk. I have tried using mEngine (http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/MathS=
ource/4821/).
> But unfortunately this script is not compatible with the new version of M=
atlab. When I try to run the package with the supplied notebook called mEng=
ine.nb mathematica
> gives me an error saying that it can not start matlab.
> Actually I have an optimization problem. And I use my mathematica code to=
 compute the gradient of my cost function. Now I want to use matlab's optim=
ization routine and supply the gradient from mathematica. I guess this is p=
ossible to do but I am not so sure how this can be done.
> Please help me if anyone of you can.

pratip,

You may want to try call Mathematica from matlab using the Mathematica
Symbolic Toolbox for MATLAB--Version 2.0 :
http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFile.do?objectId==
6044

GS