Re: Writing to an External file, ie .txt

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90548] Re: Writing to an External file, ie .txt
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 05:34:13 -0400 (EDT)

On 7/11/08 at 2:07 AM, david.fourie at ncl.ac.uk (Dave) wrote:

>I have a matica simulation that generates a Table. Currently it
>prints in at the bottom of the notebook and then I copy and paste it
>into a text file.

In the portion I edited out, I did not see any question. The
only question I can think you might be asking is how to automate
saving the output from Table to a file instead of a manual
copy/past operation. If that is the question, the answer is

Export["filename.txt", "Table"]

or choose one of the other formats Export supports if you don't
care for this particular result.