Re: VectorFieldPlot scaling

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90568] Re: VectorFieldPlot scaling
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 15:48:38 -0400 (EDT)

Aaron Fude wrote:
> On Jul 10, 6:32 am, dh <d... at metrohm.ch> wrote:
>> Hi Aaron,
>>
>> the direction of the arrow are tied to the axes. If you change the axes,
>>
>> the arrow directions are changed accordingly. Otherwise you would have a
>>
>> bunch of graphical vectors on a grid, but not a vector field.
>>
>> Daniel
>>

> Yes, that's what I'm looking to do then! How can I have a "bunch of
> graphical vectors on a grid, but not a vector field"?

The following might be what you are looking for (though I am not sure to
have understood what you try to achieve),

     Needs["VectorFieldPlots`"]
     vfPlot = VectorFieldPlot[{1, 1}, {x, 0, 1}, {z, 0, 1},
       AspectRatio -> 1, Axes -> True, Ticks -> {None, Automatic}]
     FullForm[vfPlot]
     g = First@vfPlot;
     bunch = Graphics@g

Regards,