Mathematica slide shows

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90613] Mathematica slide shows
  • From: "Coleman, Mark" <Mark.Coleman at LibertyMutual.com>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 06:28:34 -0400 (EDT)

Greetings,

I'm putting together a technical presentation for a general business
audience. Normally our company convention would be to do this in a
static PowerPoint slideshow, with more complex graphics cut and pasted
in from Mathematica. Given the nature of the presentation, however, I
feel it would much more effective to do it in Mathematica and make use of the
dynamic capabilities of v6. the presentation involves showing results
generated from a fairly large and complex set of calculations, data
manipulation, etc. I wish to shield my audience from all of the
underlying Mathematica detail and just show them the necessary graphs, tables,
and dynamic elements. The end product will likely be 40-50 slides in
length

What is the preferred way of doing this in v6, e.g., put all the
background code/data in one .nb and the presentation itself in another
.nb file? Or keep all of the code and output in the same file and hide
the raw Mathematica commands?

Thanks,

Mark