Mathematica slide shows

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg90613] Mathematica slide shows
  • From: "Coleman, Mark" <Mark.Coleman at>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 06:28:34 -0400 (EDT)

I'm putting together a technical presentation for a general business
audience. Normally our company convention would be to do this in a
static PowerPoint slideshow, with more complex graphics cut and pasted
in from Mathematica. Given the nature of the presentation, however, I
feel it would much more effective to do it in Mathematica and make use of the
dynamic capabilities of v6. the presentation involves showing results
generated from a fairly large and complex set of calculations, data
manipulation, etc. I wish to shield my audience from all of the
underlying Mathematica detail and just show them the necessary graphs, tables,
and dynamic elements. The end product will likely be 40-50 slides in

What is the preferred way of doing this in v6, e.g., put all the
background code/data in one .nb and the presentation itself in another
.nb file? Or keep all of the code and output in the same file and hide
the raw Mathematica commands?