Re: export eps

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90769] Re: export eps
  • From: Will Robertson <wspr81 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 05:59:33 -0400 (EDT)

On 2008-07-22 17:32:14 +0930, "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net> said:

> There is a big difference between using SaveAs a .pdf file say, and Pri=
nting
> to the Adobe PDF printer with an up-to-date Adobe Acrobat!  When I do
> Jens-Peer's first example [...] using the Print to Adobe PDF printer,
> with Adobe Acrobat 8, I obtain a file that is 49 KB in size.

Interesting! This is good evidence that FixPolygon's technique could be
improved and integrated directly into Mathematica's Export.

Now the next questions are:
  (a) how to do this programatically (and in my student copy of the
program, at least, the PDF needs post-processing to remove a "Printed
by Mathematica" banner and crop the margins), and
  (b) if it's possible to use the same technique to get high quality
EPS files too.

Best regards,
Will