rotate axes labels with Plot3D?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg90944] rotate axes labels with Plot3D?
- From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
- Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 02:56:06 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Mathematics & Statistics, Univ. of Mass./Amherst
- Reply-to: murray at math.umass.edu
For a Plot3D when the value of one of the labels in AxesLabel is a
string of some length, each label is nonetheless printed upright. And
this this makes the body of the graph itself smaller just to squeeze in
the long label.
Is there some way to change the label orientations so that the labels
flow in the same direction as the axes themselves -- other than to
construct a Text[...] or Inset[...]? And without merely breaking the
label's text with "\n"
(I should think that with scientific 3D plots, especially, this would be
a common situation.)
Murray Eisenberg murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Lederle Graduate Research Tower phone 413 549-1020 (H)
University of Massachusetts 413 545-2859 (W)
710 North Pleasant Street fax 413 545-1801
Amherst, MA 01003-9305
Prev by Date:
Re: Re: Problem with BinCounts
Next by Date:
Re: Re: bug? f'[x]'
Previous by thread:
Re: NMaximize Questions
Next by thread:
Constructing vector using table