rotate axes labels with Plot3D?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg90944] rotate axes labels with Plot3D?
- From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
- Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 02:56:06 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Mathematics & Statistics, Univ. of Mass./Amherst
- Reply-to: murray at math.umass.edu
For a Plot3D when the value of one of the labels in AxesLabel is a string of some length, each label is nonetheless printed upright. And this this makes the body of the graph itself smaller just to squeeze in the long label. Is there some way to change the label orientations so that the labels flow in the same direction as the axes themselves -- other than to construct a Text[...] or Inset[...]? And without merely breaking the label's text with "\n" (I should think that with scientific 3D plots, especially, this would be a common situation.) -- Murray Eisenberg murray at math.umass.edu Mathematics & Statistics Dept. Lederle Graduate Research Tower phone 413 549-1020 (H) University of Massachusetts 413 545-2859 (W) 710 North Pleasant Street fax 413 545-1801 Amherst, MA 01003-9305