Default location for Exported files?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89244] Default location for Exported files?
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 03:36:04 -0400 (EDT)

Is there a *global* default I can set to make all files Exported from
any Mathematic notebook from now on (permanently!) always (in the
absence of other specific command) go to a default location of my
choice, on my HD?

Possible choices for this default:

1)  Always to the desktop?

2)  Always to the folder **which contains the notebook which does the
Exporting**?

3)  Always to a designated folder on my desktop?  (I happen to have such
a folder, which I call "Downloads"; essentially every other application
on my laptop -- browser, mail client, newsreader, various editing apps,
and essentially every other app -- is set so that any web file download,
any FTP, any Save As,  Print to PDF, or similar command will point to
this folder; never have to worry about where else to look.)