Re: Default magnification for Help and Tutorials?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89253] Re: [mg89242] Default magnification for Help and Tutorials?
  • From: "W_Craig Carter" <ccarter at mit.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 16:33:32 -0400 (EDT)

Hello AES,
This is a bit of a hack, but it works for me.

It appears that the Help browser is using the Wolfram/Reference.nb stylesheet.
This is located at
/Applications/Mathematica.app/SystemFiles/FrontEnd/StyleSheets/Wolfram/
on my system. The location is operating system dependent.

1. Make a copy and  back up Reference.nb
2. Edit Reference.nb with your favorite text editor.
3. Change the Cell:
Cell[StyleData[All, "Working"],
 DockedCells->FEPrivate`FrontEndResource[
 "FEExpressions", "HelpViewerToolbar"]
],

Cell[StyleData[All, "Working"],
 DockedCells->FEPrivate`FrontEndResource[
 "FEExpressions", "HelpViewerToolbar"],
 Magnification->1.25],

4. Restart Mathematica, when you call up the Help browser you will get
a warning, but the browser will be at mag 1.25.

5. To remove this warning, open Reference.nb with Mathematica and then
use Save As to overwrite that file.

6. When you restart Mathematica, the browser will be at 1.25 with no
warning message.

--
W. Craig Carter