Re: SetOptions[TableForm] doesn't seem to work?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89266] Re: SetOptions[TableForm] doesn't seem to work?
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 03:58:14 -0400 (EDT)

AES,

I was going to suggest using Grid, which is much more powerful than
TableForm and well worth knowing. However, it suffers from the same problem!

Grid[Array[Subscript[a, ##] &, {3, 2}], Spacings -> {5, 1}]

SetOptions[Grid, Spacings -> {5, 1}]

Grid[Array[Subscript[a, ##] &, {3, 2}]]

It seems reasonable that one should be able to set the Spacings option, so I
think this is a bug in both cases.

--
David Park
djmpark at comcast.net