Re: Collapsing All Input Cells

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89300] Re: Collapsing All Input Cells
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 05:38:00 -0400 (EDT)

On 6/3/08 at 3:59 AM, rick.candell at gmail.com wrote:

>Hello all, I would like to know how to collapse all input cells in a
>notebook at the same time.  I currently have to manually close them
>all, but once I evaluate the notebook, they all open again.  It is
>then very time consuming to close them.  Does anyone know of a good
>way to collapse all input cells?

On a Mac holding the Option key down while clicking on the cell
bracket to the right of any input cell will select all input
cells in the notebook. I am sure there is a key combination that
does the same on other platforms. Once you have all of the input
cells selected if you go to the Cell menu, select Cell
Properties and uncheck Open, all of the selected cells will be
closed. On my system once this is done and the notebook is
saved, re-opening the notebook at a later time and executing the
input cells does not cause the input cells to re-open.