Re: Major problem with 6.0.2.1

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89391] Re: Major problem with 6.0.2.1
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 02:31:43 -0400 (EDT)

On 6/7/08 at 2:51 AM, morrison at nhn.ou.edu (Michael Morrison) wrote:

>Very recent I upgraded from 6.0.1.0 to  6.0.2.1. I have found this
>latest version of Mathematica almost totally dysfunctional.

<snip>

>Frustrated, furious, and fed up.

Your post clearly indicates your frustration and that you have
gone to some effort to fix things to your liking with no
success. But no where in your post do you provide specific
examples of problems. That lack makes it quite impossible to
offer constructive help. Simply saying you are frustrated etc.
achieves nothing except perhaps giving you a chance to vent.

My experience with version 6.0 and subsequent versions to
version 6.02 have been quite positive. Version 6 offers many
significant enhancements over previous versions I find quite
useful. And each of the versions after 6.0 have added other
smaller but equally welcome enhancements.