Re: DiffMaps package

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89547] Re: DiffMaps package
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 03:00:20 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I do not know a Package named diffMap. But it is easy enough (provided

you can solve the equations) to calculat critical points. Simply use the

definition. The gradient has to be zero:

Solve[{D[f[x,y],x]==0,D[f[x,y],y]==0},{x,y}]

eventually you need NSolve or Reduce.

hope this helps, Daniel

--

Daniel Huber

Metrohm Ltd.

Oberdorfstr. 68

CH-9100 Herisau

Tel. +41 71 353 8585, Fax +41 71 353 8907

E-Mail:<mailto:dh at metrohm.com>

Internet:<http://www.metrohm.com>