DiffMaps package

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89496] DiffMaps package
  • From: Modeler <eabad at ulb.ac.be>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 03:16:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hi everybody,

I need to determine the critical points of a 3D surface parameterized by a function f[x,y]. I was told there is a package called diffMaps (apparently not installed by default) which allows one to easily compute local minima and  maxima as well as saddle points. Does anyone know how to get it or else can give any ideas about computation of critical points? Thanks a lot.