Vertical Item Size in Grid Item

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89563] Vertical Item Size in Grid Item
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 06:08:06 -0400 (EDT)

I'm practicing using Grid and I modified the following example to experiment
with Alignment in one Item in a Grid.

Grid[{{Item[a, Background -> Orange, Alignment -> {Left, Bottom}],
   b}, {c, d}},
 ItemSize -> {3, 2},
 Alignment -> {Center, Center},
 Frame -> All]

Then I tried to make the Item Span across the top row of the Grid.

Grid[{{Item[a, Background -> Orange, Alignment -> {Left, Bottom}],
   SpanFromLeft}, {c, d}},
 ItemSize -> {3, 2},
 Alignment -> {Center, Center},
 Frame -> All]

But now the vertical size for the first row is lost and I don't know how to
get it back. Adding ItemSize inside the Item doesn't work and I couldn't
find any other way.

Does anybody know how to modify this to give the first row a height of 2?

--
David Park
djmpark at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/